CGI Placement Paper April 2011:-
1. What is the angle between the two hands of a clock when time is 8:30Ans. 75(approx)
2. A student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left. How many students are there in totality ?
3. A man walks east and turns right and then from there to his left and then 45degrees to his right.In which direction did he go
Ans. North west
4. A student gets 70% in one subject, 80% in the other. To get an overall of 75% how much should get in third subject.
5. A man shows his friend a woman sitting in a park and says that she the daughter of my grandmother's only son. What is the relation between the two
6. Data sufficiency. there were about 15 questions of the type A question is given with 2 options. U have 2 conclude ans can be determined by only option 1 or 2 or both or both r insufficient.
7. Data interpretation. This was dam tough. U have to manipulate a graph and answer about 12 questions. there were also the questions on graphs and tables.
8. Contractor has 2 complete work within a fixed time. If he is late he has to pay fine. The first day it is Rs 200 and from then on it increases by 25 per day. He has to pay Rs 9450. How many days he got late.
Ans is 21.
9. Sphere of diameter 6 cm is melted to form a cone with diameter 12 cm. Find height of cone.
10. Shakuntala devi sum of the number of glasses received intact.
11. Sum on Cisterns, Pipes a, B and C r there a and b can fill the tank in 4 and 5 hours respectively. C can empty tank in 2 hours. If the pipes were opened at 1.00 and 2.00 am successively by what time will the tank be empty.
12. a question on cost of painted area.
PAPER NO 2
1. Factorize y**2 + 8y - 48 =0
Ans. (y+12) (y-4)
2. 1,40,00,000 pencils are put up straight. all the pencils are of length range 3 to 6 inches. 80% of the pencils have average of five inches. so the find out the total length spanned by the pencils.
Ans. 1000 to 1500 miles.
3. boys are not girl . Jill is not a girl
Ans Jill is not a girl.
4. Price of cotton today is 50 corore what will it be after 100 years
Ans c) unknown
5. if ELECTRICITY - GAS =100
then JACK - JILL = ?
6. 8 man work for 6 days to complete a work. How many men are required to complete same work in 1/2 day.
Ans. 96 men.
7. a man is running around a rectangle it takes time 2 time in travelling lenth than travelling width total perimeter = 300 find area
8. A man drives at a speed of 40 miles/hr. His wife left 30 mins. late with 50 miles/hr speed. when will they meet ?
Ans. 2 hours
9. A farmer walks at constant speed on the perimeter of his rectangular field. it takes him twice the time to cover longer side than shorter side. if he walks total 300 m . then find out the area of field?
Ans. 5000 sq.m
10. There were some questions on series :
21, 463, 687, 238, 1134, ---- Ans. 297
0, 6, 24, 120, 210, ---, ----
11. REPUBLICAN = 108 so DEMOCRATE = ? (it is diffcult. i made guess on 84 )
12. if ELECTRICITY - GAS =100 then JACK - JILL = ?
13. A person is 80 years old in 490 and only 70 years old in 500 in which year is he born?
14.raju having some coins want to distribute to his 5 son , 5 daughter and driver in a manner that , he gave fist coin to driver and 1/5 of remaining to first son he again gave one to driver and 1/5 to 2nd son and so on.... at last he equally distributed all the coins to 5 daughters. how many coins raju initially have???
15.if ravi binded his book and the binder cut the pages of the book , ravi decided to mark the pages by himself own , what he found that number of three appears 61 times find of number of pages answer
Ans - 300